- What did you do today?
- Briefly describe your day’s activities
We analysed the data we collected from our experiments of total reflux distillation and reflux ratio distillation and hence concluded that total reflux is a more efficient distillation method as the components are allowed to have more contact with each other in total reflux distillation than in the reflux ratio distillation.
- What did you learn today?
I learnt how to calculate the number of mols using the formula given to us: mass/molecular mass, and how to analyse data, plus making a conclusion from the results collected from the experiments.
- Discuss any learning points from today’s activities
- How do you feel about today’s activities?
I felt that today's activities were really meaningful and gave me a better insight of chemical engineering and fractional distillation.
- Describe how the project has affected your understanding of the discipline and how it may be applied elsewhere
- Share your insights for the day
- What new questions do you have regarding the discipline?